Procurement Officer at MainOne Cable Nigeria
Procurement Officer at MainOne Cable Nigeria. Vacancy available for a Procurement Officer at MainOne Cable Nigeria. MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
Joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Job Type: Permanent
- The Procurement Officer will be responsible for receiving and reviewing all requisitions for purchase of technical and non-technical items, ensuring they are properly approved and within budget.
- Update system records of items against physical balances.
- Maintain and update inventory records management system.
- Receive all inventory of items ordered, match with PO and update the inventory records regularly.
- Coordinate the accurate completion of purchase requisitions from user units within the Technical department and other Non-Technical functions;
- Review vendor invoices and ensure they are in line with PO and contract terms.
- Co-ordinate and manage cost of sales requirements from the requesting units/departments;
- Support the implementation of inventory management policies and procedures, upon due approval by the Senior Manager, Procurement and relevant authorities within the organization;
- Receive, record, review and oversee proper documentation of all technical stock (technical department items);
- Be abreast of the latest inventory management and material handling tools, technology and procedures.
- Conduct periodic demand planning to determine needs and requirements for goods and services
- Other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or Science related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years’ post-NYSC experience in Procurement or Supply Chain Management and/or Finance environment
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good sourcing and negotiation skills.
- Advanced proficiency in MS office suite.
- Ability to define and understand technical requirements.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong numeric and analytical skills
- Good working knowledge of ERP system.
- Good working knowledge of data processing and management
- Integrity and ability to deal with confidential information are essential.
- Ability to work and deliver promptly within tight timelines with minimal supervision.
Demand on the Job:
- Must be able to work on call for weekends
- Requires administrative and clerical skills.
Application Closing Date