Senior Manager, Business Finance in Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria
Senior Manager, Business Finance in Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria. Vacancy available in Standard Chartered Bank for a Senior Manager, business Finance. Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria. We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer.
At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
The Job : Senior Manager, Business Finance
Current location: Nigeria
- MBA in Business, or Accounting or Professional Qualification – CIMA, CPA, ACCA or its equivalent plus at least ten years post.
- Qualification years experience, four of which should be in senior management position with relevant / specific banking experience
- High level of computer literacy and understanding of business computing environments
- Knowledge of the Banking Products
- Strong knowledge in Management and Accounting principles
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Knowledge of Internal markets and dynamics
- Fair degree of understanding of economics
- To add value to the strategic direction, planning, budgeting and performance of the Financial Markets business.
- Provide financial advisory to all FM projects, initiatives, deals and transactions to ensure they create value.
- Analyse and interpret the Financial Markets business performance and trends and suggesting remedial action.
- Actively review and assist in planning business costs to ensure value for money and a lean cost base.
- Ensure FM’s Management Accounting Systems are robust for the accurate and timely collation, analysis and dissemination of information.
- Support ALM Balance sheet analysis and forecasting to ensure effective control of the Liquidity and Market Risk.
- Ensure that the FM performance and balance sheet forecasts are robust and adequately tracked.
- Analyse and interpret the operational and competitive trends likely to affect the business operations, including performance gaps and suggested remedial action.
- Establish processes to ensure the necessary Financial Control disciplines are adhered to within the FM Business and the inherent operational risks have been identified and satisfactorily managed.
- Entrench a no surprise culture by proactively communicating with stakeholders, CFO, Regional Finance and Business.
- Analyse, challenge and provide insights to ensure that the business strategy is robust, competitive and will ultimately enhance shareholder value.
- Regularly monitor the competitive positioning and the key performance metrics of the FM Business.
- Drive greater focus on returns through competition, RWA and Cross Sell analysis.
- Strengthen RWA utilisation and reallocation framework and ensure it is correctly computed.
- Regular monitor the competitive positioning and key performance metrics of the WB business to ensure that market share is protected and enhanced.
- Provide enhanced commentaries on performance through P&L attribution and Balance Sheet commentary.
- Provide forward looking analysis and challenge the status quo.
- Enforce performance accountability for the delivery of budgets and scorecards.
- Ensure that the FM Balance Sheet is aligned to deliver performance targets and is continuously leveraged to deliver optimum revenues.
- Ensure FM monthly reporting is timely and accurate.
- Develop relevant scorecards for tracking performance of the FM products.
- Ensure that the FTP framework and cost allocation methodologies are consistently applied.
- Ensure ALCO objective and directive are properly implemented by the ALM/FM business.
- Eliminate AvF breaks through daily reviews of DPL to the Ledger.
- Review daily P&L and highlight any gaps noticed in reviews.
- Review cost base to ensure Value for Money (VFM) and accurate reporting
- Review and escalate any issues in daily Trial Balance reviews
Budgeting and Planning:
Co-ordinate the formulation of the Business operating plans/budget and monitor progress towards its achievement, drawing attention to important trends opportunities to maximise earning and minimise risk.
Ensure that budget and forecast Balance Sheet reflect reality and ensure that P&L projections are reflected in product profitability and reporting.
Provide financial input and co-ordinate the formulation of the Business operating plans/budget and monitor progress towards its achievement, drawing attention to important trends opportunities to maximise earning and minimise risk.
Extract agreed KPI’s for tracking Financial Markets financial achievement against budget.
Financial Risk & Control:
Ensure that FM business reporting complies with taxation, capital, regulatory and statutory requirements.
Review country addendum and product programs to ensure that tax and group policies have been accurately reflected.
Ensure disciplines and principles from the Group Management Accounting manual and Group Accounting Policy Manual are consistently applied.
Ensure a robust risk will be place to track potential risk especially in the regulatory and market environment as it affects Financial Markets.
Assist in the evaluation of projects which are specific to the FM Business in accordance with Group and local guidelines and contribute fully to their implementation.
Ensure that project accounting disciplines and tracking mechanisms (including benefits tracking) are in place for all Financial Market projects.
How To Apply
Register&upload resume via apply online