Account Assistance II in International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Account Assistance II in International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA). Vacancy available in the international institute of tropical agriculture for an Account Assistance II.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries.
IITA works hand in hand with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Vacancy: Accounting Assistant II
Ref No: IITA-HR-NRS2018-0026
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- B.Sc/HND Accounting or Business Management, PE II ICAN.
- Possession of ACA or ACCA would be an added advantage.
- interested candidate must have a minimum of three (3) years work experience in a related role of a large organization.
- Prepare and review of financial statements;
- Check, process and report on returns and justification of funds granted to IITA;
- Raise journal for adjustments where necessary on various accounts and loading same on oracle;
- Attend to queries raised by Budget Officers on projects;
- Assist in checking of Cashiers’ cash balance as scheduled;
- Update, review and reconcile bills receivables from donors with the total grant income of projects;
- Prepare station imprest on regular basis;
- Develop, maintain and analyze budget;
- Prepare periodic accounting report;
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related result as needed;
Application Closing Date
10th September, 2018
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.