Cassava farming business| Business Startup | Feasibility Study
Cassava farming business| Business Startup | Feasibility study. The New innovations in Agriculture worldwide has increase the diversification in cassava production with different value chains in Nigeria.
Several Bushiness like Cassava farming Business is getting more lucrative on every passing day. This farm product has always been a source of lively hood and food for millions of Nigerians. About 95% of Nigerian households consume cassava products on daily basis. Some of the meals are: garri, wheat-flour, cassava flour, animal feed, commercial caramel, and a lot more. Cassava is a major content in such productions.
Several Guides on Cassava farming business| Business Startup | Feasibility study has been on the following;
STEP 1; SELECT A GOOD SITE FOR YOUR CASSAVA FARM
- There’s a thick vegetation around it,
- The soil texture is good,
- The land is flat or gently sloping.
- Picking the right location to setup your cassava farm is extremely important. Make sure the locals and food scientists can verify the richness of the soil before you proceed to make a purchase.
STEP 2; IMPROVE THE SOIL FOR PLANTING THE CASSAVAS:
- Manure your soil,
- Prepare good seedbeds,
- Mixed cropping – Planting the cassava along with other crops, and more.
- Your soil must be very fertile for cultivation else, you may have low harvest.
STEP 3; SELECT THE BEST CASSAVA VARIETY TO PLANT:
- TMS 30572
- NR 8082
- TMS 4(2) 1425
- TMS 81/00110
- TMS 92/0326.
Also, to know or inquire about an additional 10 cassava varieties yet to be released, you can consult cassava production specialists in Ibadan, Nigeria.
STEP 4; LAND PREPARATION AND PLANTING
STEP 5; LIMING
STEP 6; PLANTING AND PLANTING MATERIALS
- To start planting your cassava, begin by April and extend it to October (depends on your choice)
- The recommended quantity of cassava for one hectare of land is 60 bundles of cassava stem.
- Cassava stem cuttings measured at 25cm in length should be planted at a spacing of 1m x 1m.
- To achieve a perfect cassava production, ensure you remove and replace dead stems.
STEP 7; WEEDING
STEP 8; FERTILIZER TYPE, USAGE AND RATE
- NPK 20:10:10–9 (50 kg) bags
- NPK 15:15:15–12 (50 kg) bags
- NPK 12:12:17–15 (50 kg) bags
STEP 9; MARKETING
STEP 10; Yield
- In conclusion, if every step in this article is followed step by step, it is very possible to achieve a cassava yield of 25 tubers per hectare or even more.
- It is imperative to note that, for you to achieve a successful cassava production in Nigeria, there is optimum need to apply good agronomic practices and management generally.
- Several business plans include a financial section or a feasibility study, which shows how you’ll fund all the sector of the business. It also shows the revenue you expect to generate at the long run. To understand and value a company, investors have to look at its financial position/breakeven analysis properly/critically. Fortunately, this is not as difficult as it sounds. You can get one today. Just apply for one HERE