OPEC is a permanent intergovernmental organization of 14 oil exporting developing countries that coordinates and unifies the oil policies of its member countries.
In accordance with its Statute, the mission of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is to coordinate and unify the oil policies of its member countries and to stabilize oil markets in order to ensure an efficient, and regular Oil for consumers, a steady income for producers and a fair return of capital for those investing in the oil industry. They are currently seeking qualified candidates to fill the below vacancies;
VACANCY 1; Environmental Coordinator
- Job location; Nigeria
- Job Reference Number; 6.1.01
Core purpose of the job;
Within the Research Division of the Secretariat, the objectives of the Environmental Unit are to analyze, report and advise on developments in the international climate change debate and to contribute to the close coordination of country positions Member States in the field of the environment. This implies: monitoring and analyzing international debate and development on climate change, sustainable development and trade; Collection and analysis of data and information in these areas; Contribute to coordination among member countries and participate in relevant multilateral forums and discussions; and the establishment of OPEC networks with national, regional and multilateral organizations.
The Environmental Coordinator coordinates the Unit’s activities to achieve its objectives. Under the supervision of the Director of the Research Division, s/he should study and analyze national and multilateral environmental policies and assess their impact on energy developments, in particular on medium- and long-term oil prospects And OPEC, to study and analyze developments in the global and multilateral climate change debate, to assess the impact on OPEC and to contribute to the coordination of positions of OPEC member countries in the international forums on climate change. Issues related to the environment in general and the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Negotiations in particular.
Core responsibility of the job is to;
- Coordinates the activities of the Unit in accordance with its objectives;
- To study and analyze developments in the international debate on environmental issues related to the energy industry and in particular activities related to the UNFCCC and its subsidiary bodies and the Kyoto Protocol;
- Responsible for preparing, attending and reporting on UNFCCC meetings;
- Evaluates the impact of changes in environmental policies in consumer countries on the medium- and long-term development of the global petroleum industry;
- Conducts relevant studies on the subject of the environment, as it affects in particular the energy sector in general and oil;
- Contributes to the coordination of Member States’ positions on environmental issues;
- Contributes to speeches, articles and presentations to internal meetings and international forums.
- Candidate should possess a university degree in environmental science or in economics, engineering or other sciences, preferably with specialization in the environment; An M.Sc in the same field mentioned will be an added advantage.
- Candidate should possess a minimum of 10 year experience or at least 8 years post M.sc experience
- Candidate with Specializations in Environmental Policy, Analysis of environmental problems related to energy, International Environmental Debate and Modeling techniques are strongly advice to apply.
Candidate should possess a Managerial and leadership skills, good communication skills, Decision-Making Skills, Analytical Skills, presentation capabilities, Interpersonal skills, and Good orientation towards customer service
Closing Date of Application;
31st July, 2017.
Salaries and Allowances is very encouraging.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted
If you want more Job alert, Subscribe for free
Please follow and like us: