The World Health Organization (WHO) is the governing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health issues, shaping the health research agenda, setting standards and norms, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and to monitor and evaluate health trends.
VACANCY; Resource Mobilization & Donor Relations Officer
- Job location; Abuja, Nigeria
- Vacancy reference Number; 1701907
- Contract Arrangement: Individual Service Contractor
- Contract duration: 6 Months
- Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Core purpose of the job is to;
- Support the country office to deepen and broaden its donor base and improve relationships with existing donors
- Identify and monitor potential opportunities for partnership with donors, UN agencies, national and international NGOs
- Core responsibility of the job is to;
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with designated local donors to better understand the work of WHO and seek funding from governmental and non-governmental sources;
- Liaise with relevant WHO staff in Nigeria to ensure quality control and timely submission of project proposals and narrative reports;
- Develop proposals for funding and draft reports for submission to donors;
- Draft donor correspondence on project / report submission, reprogramming and extensions, etc.
- Liaise with headquarters to verify donor requirements, obtain authorizations from different ministries, exchange information on donor commitment, requests / status of projects, etc.
- Draft briefing note / documents for the Front Office and the Head of Unit upon request. Participate in meetings and events of donors and NGOs upon request; Conduct field visits to WHO projects as required;
- Coordinate with the Communications Officer and other relevant staff to organize field visits by donors and ensure media coverage and recognition of contributions;
- Conduct donor mapping and maintain an up-to-date profile database
- Update donor files (soft and paper copies).
The candidate should possess at least a Master’s Degree in social sciences, international relations, development studies or related area with good first degree in same courses as mentioned above.
A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in resource mobilization and partnerships development.
The candidate should possess should also possess an experience with the UN, national government or Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), or other relevant organization, although, experience in humanitarian operations will also be accepted.
- Knowledge of institutional donor policies and procedures
- Experience in drafting proposals and reports
- Interpersonal Skills: Work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits a contribution by truly valuing the ideas and expertise of others;
- Planning and Organizing: Develops clear objectives that match agreed strategies; Identifies priority activities and missions; Adjust priorities as required;
- Professionalism: Knowledge of the principles of resource mobilization and partnership development, strong conceptual and analytical skills and demonstrated problem-solving capabilities
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Dealing constructively with conflict.
- Respect and promote individual and cultural differences: Demonstrate the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations. Respects differences and ensures that everything can contribute.
- Communication: clearly expressed in conversation and interaction with others; Listen actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
- Ensure the efficient use of resources: Identifies priorities in line with the strategic orientations of the organization. Develops and implements action plans, organizes necessary resources and monitors results.
- Produce results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is the action oriented and committed to achieving the results?
Salaries and Allowances is very encouraging.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click on; “application online”
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted
Closing Date of Application; 11th July, 2017.