The world food programme in Nigeria, is been organized by the United Nations world food programme, (WFP). It is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger world at large with a vision of the world in which every man, woman and child has access at all times to the food needed for an active and healthy life. It was born in 1961 and on the average, it has reached more than 80 million people with food assistance in 82 countries each year. About 11,367 people work for this organization of most of them are in remote areas, directly serving the hungry poor which is the core vision of United Nations World Food Programme. To this effect, they are currently recruiting to fill the vacant position below;
VACANCY; Human Resources Officer
Job location; Abuja, Nigeria
Vacancy reference Number; 57302
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ), and typically report to a more senior HR Officer, Regional/Country Director or the designate.
Job holders operate with minimal supervision, and provide guidance to junior staff to ensure that operational and project objectives are achieved. They are heavily involved in day–to-day activities and analytical work. Job holders provide advice on low complex issues, applying HR rules, regulations and expertise in making determinations and recommendations across a range of activities.
Terms and Conditions
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only Nigerian nationals are eligible to apply for this position.
- Applications must be submitted online, and in English only.
Core purpose of the job is to;
- To deliver a professional, client-focused HR services, partnering with managers to implement HR solutions in line with WFP corporate priorities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, and deliver HR operational activities or projects, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
- Provide advice to managers and employees, understanding their needs and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
- Provide effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements, and resolving employee relations issues.
- Contribute to staff capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing/delivering development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
- Deliver onboarding activities which ensure new employees have a positive experience of WFP, and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organisation.
- Contribute to building and managing talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs and delivering solutions to recruit, retain, manage and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver business objectives.
- Support organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs, and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
- Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Collate and analyse data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by implementing new/updated HR policies, procedures and systems and recommending improvements to ways of working.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
Benefit and Salaries is very encouraging
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click; Apply by clicking online application
Application Closing Date; 15th July, 2017
Please note; all application must reach the above address on or before the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted
If You Want more Job alert, Subscribe now, for is free of charges